1. What is the value of log2(8) + log2(16)?
2. In a bookstore, price of a pencil set is one-third the price of a pen set and the price of the pen set is one-fifth the price of a book. If the total cost of all the three items is $76, then what is the cost of the pen set?
3. Which of the following is equivalent to the expression, 9x4 – y8?
4. Which of the following is equivalent to the expression, (cotx)/ (csc x)?
5. Marc bought an item of cost $20.00, but the final bill at the billing counter for the item is given as $22.50. What is the sales tax rate on the item?
6. If the function f(x) = x2 – 9x + 20, then what are the x-intercepts for this function?
7. What is the simplified form of the expression: 8 – 4[3 – 2(8 – 6)] ÷ 2?